10.18.2005

365 tomorrows » Will To Live

365 tomorrows » Will To Live

Wow, this story gave me some serious goosebumps. If you spend any time at all reading anything on the internet, you should definitely visit 365tomorrows.com often. Its a new scifi/fantasy short story every day. Amazing. Some of them are so-so. Some of them, like this one, actually move me.

This story could spur some truly interesting discussion... could a test determine our will to live? Should it?

I like the idea. A lot.

2 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Blogger Cookie said...

I believe that this is just a more humane and indirect method that is put across as Saw, and Saw 2. Who is to set the so called "standard" that has to be met? And if a person doesn't have the same will to live as everyone else, that is there choice. I also agree that this is a great topic of debate that I would gladly take part in.

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Life and stuff said...

Good point, Chris. I've thought about this some more, and I still think that it would be good, for the person taking the test, for the people involved in their life. I don't think it should result in life or death. I think it should replace the whole weak 'rite of passage' that we have in america... this whole go-to-high-school-go-to-college-get-married and now you're old junk. We have no real moment when we accept the challenge of life... that's what i miss when i read this piece....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home