11.09.2005

Interesting

the last few decades have belonged to a certain kind of person with a certain kind of mind - computer programmers who could crank code, lawyers who could craft contracts, MBAs who could crunch numbers. but the keys to the kingdom are changing hands. the future belongs to a very different kind of person with a very different kind of mind - creators and empathizers, pattern recognizers, and meaning makers. these people - artists, inventors, designers, storytellers, caregivers, consolers, big picture thinkers - will now reap society's richest rewards and share its greatest joys.
(daniel pink)
Interesting quote... It's funny because my life has followed a similar trend - code and mathematics to interpretation and art. I have moved away from the concrete, finding it lacking in its ability to help me live, and have shifted towards the gray and misty areas of truth. I am finding myself more and more comfortable in the mystery of God.

On the other hand, as I have moved away from concreteness, I have found myself less confident in my rightness (on the large scale at least). I see things more from a human point of view rather than an idealistic one, and that leads, sometimes, to leaving the supernatural out of the equation.

So as I move forward, I guess I need to make sure that I do not leave God behind, but instead keep him in the forefront, as the one being who can really bring about a kingdom of peace. I believe this kingdom to be of God's design, and I believe that we are always inching closer to it, crawling towards zion. Just sometimes we forget that we are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home